Eumedion’s mission is to enhance the corporate governance, environmental and social performance and strategy of listed companies. At the same time, Eumedion’s participants are encouraged to take their own ESG-performance to a higher level.
Furthermore, Eumedion promotes the acceptance of, and adherence to, standards and guidelines for corporate governance and sustainability by listed companies and institutional investors, especially in the Netherlands and Europe.
Eumedion endeavours to achieve its mission by the following means:
• encouraging joint consultations between institutional investors, listed companies and their representative organisations;
• consulting with the Dutch government, institutions of the European Union, other relevant authorities and sectoral organisations;
• influencing legislation and regulations;
• providing services in the field of corporate governance to its member;
• undertaking other activities, for example organising seminars, symposia and roundtables that advance the objective of Eumedion.